Warm Thai Tofu Puff Salad.
April 14th, 2009
This is my version of the thai warm beef salad.
Makes two serves.
- 1 packet of tofu puffs
- 1 tablespoon of uncooked rice
- 1 cup of chopped coriander leaf (cilantro)
- 1 spring onion finely chopped
- Salad stuff like coarsly grated carrot, cucumber, paw paw, finely chopped lettuce, baby spinach and bean sprouts.
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- 1/2 a small spanish onion very finely chopped (about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of chilli flakes
- 2 tablespoons of lime juice
- 1 teaspoon of peanut oil
In a wok toast the rice on a medium heat. When the rice is browned remove from the wok and grind in a mortar and pestle.
Slice the tofu puffs into bite size pieces and dry fry in the wok until warmed through.
Add all the dressing ingredients and toasted rice together in a jar and shake well.
Toss all the ingredients and dressing in a bowl and serve.