The Good Start Breakfast.
November 20th, 2012
This recipe is taken from an amazing breakfast dish of the same name from Satellite Cafe in Newtown which is well worth a visit.
Makes two serves.
- 2 cups cooked brown rice (about 2/3 cup uncooked)
- 3/4 cup dried chopped fruit (I used apricots, cranberries, currants and sour cherries)
- 3/4 cup roasted chopped nuts (I used pecans, almonds and pepitas)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Soy milk
- 1 apple
If the rice is cold warm it a little in the microwave. Stir through the maple syrup and cinnamon, then add the fruit and nuts.
Serve with cold soy milk and apple slices.