Double Chocolate and Macadamia Cookies.
June 30th, 2011
These thin chocolatey cookies are perfect for ice cream sandwiches.
Makes about 40 cookies.
- 1/2 cup dairy free margarine
- 3/4 cup brown sugar (or any tasty dark sugar)
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground linseed
- 1/3 cup almond meal
- 3/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 3/4 cup self raising wholemeal flour (or plain all purpose wholemeal flour with 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder)
- 3/4 cup self raising flour (or plain all purpose flour with 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder)
- 4 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup dairy free white chocolate chopped into chunks
- 1/2 cup of unsalted roasted macadamias cut into quarters
Heat the oven to 180C / 350F.
Mix together the ground linseed with 3 tablespoons of water and set aside.
Cream together the margarine and the sugar for a few minutes using an electric beater or a whisk. Add in the linseed mixture.
Stir in all the remaining ingredients.
Make teaspoon sized balls of dough and place on a baking tray at least 2 inches apart as they will spread.
Bake for 15 minutes. Cool on a rack and then eat your tasty reward!